Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Hopefully those of us who can be are all safe inside and not partying and spreading disease!
Corned beef is always on sale this time of year, has excellent expiration dates (I have one that doesn’t expire until May in my fridge now) and yields a ton of leftovers! Perfect for quarantine cooking. If you are lucky enough to have one, here are some recipes I’ve developed over the years that will help you use it up.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Cottage Pie (also a great way to use root vegetables or leftover mashed potatoes!)
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Knishes (since you can’t go to the deli anyway)
- Reuben-inspired Twice Baked Potatoes (uses long keeping potatoes and sauerkraut)
- Golden Flannel Hash (can sub in red beets for a more traditional take)
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Chelsea Buns (Great British Bake off Inspired)
- Cloak and Dagger Sandwiches (a Baltimore classic)
- Reuben Sliders (or make them on full sized buns)
- Corned Beef Stuffed Cabbage (a tomato-free twist on the Polish classic)
- Corned Beef Hash with Carrots (adding some extra vegetables is always a good thing)
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Bao (easier than you’d think!)
- Homemade Pastrami (you have six hours to smoke a brisket now)
- Classic Reubens (with homemade Russian dressing!)